Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

    Invelos Forums->General: General Discussion Page: 1... 48 49 50 51  Previous   Next
Images from movies for dvdprofiler galleries
Author Message
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorCubbyUps
Registered: March 14, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
United States Posts: 3,859
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorCubbyUps
Registered: March 14, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
United States Posts: 3,859
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorDoombear
Yosemite Sam Fan
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: High Rating
Canada Posts: 824
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
.
.
DVD Collection List
DVD Profiler
Images from Movies
 Last edited: by Doombear
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorCubbyUps
Registered: March 14, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
United States Posts: 3,859
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
I've redone the Planet of the Apes films.

The sequels were badly cropped.
The 1968 was out of order.

Tried to duplicate the existing screencaps as closely as possible.

Battle for the Planet of the Apes
Beneath the Planet of the Apes
Conquest of the Planet of the Apes
Escape From the Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes 1968
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorDoombear
Yosemite Sam Fan
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: High Rating
Canada Posts: 824
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
.
.
DVD Collection List
DVD Profiler
Images from Movies
 Last edited: by Doombear
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorCubbyUps
Registered: March 14, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
United States Posts: 3,859
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorDoombear
Yosemite Sam Fan
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: High Rating
Canada Posts: 824
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
.
.
DVD Collection List
DVD Profiler
Images from Movies
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorCubbyUps
Registered: March 14, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
United States Posts: 3,859
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Just a general question about the website http://www.moviesgallery.eu/index.php?

When a user downloads all the photos in an album via the Zip File option does it count as a 'Hit' on each photo in that album or not?

Also, why is it that some screen-caps have black borders and some don't?
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorDoombear
Yosemite Sam Fan
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: High Rating
Canada Posts: 824
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
DVDs are standard definition and have a video output size of 4:3.
Blu-rays are high definition and have a video output size of 16:9.
If the original film or TV source does not fit into those aspects, black bars will be added to the top or sides to fill those output ratios.

Films with a wider aspect than 16:9 will add black bars to the top and bottom of the image. Sometimes the black bars will be on the film source transfer; other times the black bars will be generated by the player.

Shows with an aspect width less than 16:9 will need black bars on the left and right of the image to fill out the 16:9 area of the screen. Some consumers prefer to set their players or TV to stretch those out of aspect in order to fill the screen completely and reduce the chances of monitor burn-in of the side bars, but the image will look horizontally stretched fat.

DVDs can also employ an anamorphic source transfer with a stretched picture to achieve higher resoution, which will be corrected to the correct aspect by the DVD player.

There are many more articles available regarding all this.
.
.
DVD Collection List
DVD Profiler
Images from Movies
 Last edited: by Doombear
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorCubbyUps
Registered: March 14, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
United States Posts: 3,859
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Doombear:
Quote:
DVDs are standard definition and have a video output size of 4:3.
Blu-rays are high definition and have a video output size of 16:9.
If the original film or TV source does not fit into those aspects, black bars will be added to the top or sides to fill those output ratios.

Films with a wider aspect than 16:9 will add black bars to the top and bottom of the image. Sometimes the black bars will be on the film source transfer; other times the black bars will be generated by the player.

Shows with an aspect width less than 16:9 will need black bars on the left and right of the image to fill out the 16:9 area of the screen. Some consumers prefer to set their players or TV to stretch those out of aspect in order to fill the screen completely and reduce the chances of monitor burn-in of the side bars, but the image will look horizontally stretched fat.

DVDs can also employ an anamorphic source transfer with a stretched picture to achieve higher resoution, which will be corrected to the correct aspect by the DVD player.

There are many more articles available regarding all this.


I know all of that already, I was talking about the screen caps found of that site.

Fairly sure I saw some screen caps on there that was for films with an aspect ratio wider that 16:9 (1.78).

For example, Catch Me If You Can, the dvd and the blu-ray both list a 1.85 aspect ratio,
But the screen caps from that site has no black bars. Even a 1.85 aspect ration film would have small black bars, right??

Same with Dead Poets Society.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorDoombear
Yosemite Sam Fan
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: High Rating
Canada Posts: 824
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting CubbyUps:
Quote:


I know all of that already, I was talking about the screen caps found of that site.

Fairly sure I saw some screen caps on there that was for films with an aspect ratio wider that 16:9 (1.78).

For example, Catch Me If You Can, the dvd and the blu-ray both list a 1.85 aspect ratio,
But the screen caps from that site has no black bars. Even a 1.85 aspect ration film would have small black bars, right??

Same with Dead Poets Society.


Yes, that's a mystery. I use Power DVD and irfanview for my capture and conversions. Dead Poets Society wasn't one of the movies I contributed, so not sure what other method of capture was being used.
.
.
DVD Collection List
DVD Profiler
Images from Movies
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorCubbyUps
Registered: March 14, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
United States Posts: 3,859
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorCubbyUps
Registered: March 14, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
United States Posts: 3,859
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
How many would be in favor of increasing the photos on that site to 11?
The additional screencap would be of the Movie Title.

For example.
Smallfoot
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorDoombear
Yosemite Sam Fan
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: High Rating
Canada Posts: 824
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
There's the Movie Titles Stills Collection but it's been struggling lately.
.
.
DVD Collection List
DVD Profiler
Images from Movies
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorDoombear
Yosemite Sam Fan
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: High Rating
Canada Posts: 824
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
.
.
DVD Collection List
DVD Profiler
Images from Movies
 Last edited: by Doombear
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorDoombear
Yosemite Sam Fan
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: High Rating
Canada Posts: 824
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting CubbyUps:
Quote:

When a user downloads all the photos in an album via the Zip File option does it count as a 'Hit' on each photo in that album or not?


I tested and zip file downloads of an album do not increase the hit count on any photo. I also believe only admins can see the hit counts.
.
.
DVD Collection List
DVD Profiler
Images from Movies
    Invelos Forums->General: General Discussion Page: 1... 48 49 50 51  Previous   Next