Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Desktop Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next
Is Verion 4 of DVD Profiler still corrupted
Author Message
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registranthifrmny
Registered: April 21, 2008
United States Posts: 32
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I recall people were having a lot of problems with Version 4 of DVD Profiler when it was first introduced. Some problems were fairly severe and people here advised me to wait until things were fixed before downloading the update.
As an example, back on February 14th
author - widescreenforever 
"Is this a normal  look for Profiler 4"
Mentions about tabs not appearing correctly and the 3rd response (Feb 20th) states that bug was reported but they guessed it didn't get fixed.
I am wondering if anyone knows for sure if it is now fully fixed and okay to update to Version 4.  I am using V.3.9.1 Build 1657 and am running Windows7 64bit Ultimate and it's working fine.  Thank you to anyone who knows.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorninso4
Registered: January 16, 2010
Reputation: Highest Rating
Germany Posts: 1,098
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Version 4 is unchanged since its release last year.
Will there be a version 4.0.1 with bugfixes any time soon? Who knows. The iOS version was updated several time since the release of version 4 so it could be that there will be an update to the desktop version.
But knowing Invelos that could mean years until its actual release. 

Whit that being said, I am using version 4 since the beta phase and didn't come across bugs which would make the program not usable.
Sure it has bugs but so does version 3.9.1
If you want to know what exactly you would getting into with version 4.0 I made a list last September with all known bugs until then.
Here it is.

And you can read the last entries in the bug thread for bugs that were discovered since then.
Here.
Think different

Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorGSyren
Profiling since 2001
Registered: March 14, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Sweden Posts: 3,294
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting ninso4:
Quote:
I am using version 4 since the beta phase and didn't come across bugs which would make the program not usable.

Same here. Works just fine for me.
My freeware tools for DVD Profiler users.
Gunnar
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorThe Movieman
DVDP User Since 2007
Registered: March 18, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
United States Posts: 2,379
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting GSyren:
Quote:
Quoting ninso4:
Quote:
I am using version 4 since the beta phase and didn't come across bugs which would make the program not usable.

Same here. Works just fine for me.


+1
Movieman's Guide to the Movies
http://www.moviemansguide.com

Follow Me:
@moviemansguide
 Last edited: by The Movieman
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantschoone
Registered: August 15, 2007
Germany Posts: 1
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
My version 4.0.0 Build 1762 displays the buttons without any inscriptions. Waiting desperately for a fix.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorGSyren
Profiling since 2001
Registered: March 14, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Sweden Posts: 3,294
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting schoone:
Quote:
My version 4.0.0 Build 1762 displays the buttons without any inscriptions. Waiting desperately for a fix.

Sounds odd. Could you post a screenshot of that?
My freeware tools for DVD Profiler users.
Gunnar
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantBigDJBird
Registered: February 21, 2010
Posts: 1
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Last post was Mar. 19 of last year.  Is this correct?  Is this company still in business?
I've been trying to enter a BR and DVD combo of Chicago (the musical) with no success.
I already have the earlier DVD.  I get a warning indicator that I already have it even though the old one is DVD and the one I am trying to enter is BR/DVD combo.  Should that be a problem.
I purchased the BR/DVD combo directly from Amazon not one of their clients.  The case had a universal code sticker over the original.  Had problem with that.  The removable sticker is 03139816438881 (strange) and the original one is 031398164388.
When I finally got it to accept the code DVD Profiler freezes up and the tabs at the bottom of the page to add the disk are grayed out. Have to reboot computer to get back to home page.
Help!
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorrdodolak
Registered: March 18, 2007
Reputation: Great Rating
United States Posts: 1,261
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting BigDJBird:
Quote:
Last post was Mar. 19 of last year.  Is this correct?  Is this company still in business?
I've been trying to enter a BR and DVD combo of Chicago (the musical) with no success.
I already have the earlier DVD.  I get a warning indicator that I already have it even though the old one is DVD and the one I am trying to enter is BR/DVD combo.  Should that be a problem.
I purchased the BR/DVD combo directly from Amazon not one of their clients.  The case had a universal code sticker over the original.  Had problem with that.  The removable sticker is 03139816438881 (strange) and the original one is 031398164388.
When I finally got it to accept the code DVD Profiler freezes up and the tabs at the bottom of the page to add the disk are grayed out. Have to reboot computer to get back to home page.
Help!


What was the original?  However, you would drop the 2-digit supplement (e.g. 81) on the removable sticker.  It's not clear which DVD edition you have since UPC 031398164388 is for the 2014 Blu-ray/DVD combo release.

A warning indicator isn't a concern, it's just a notice to the user that you already own that title on any format (DVD, BD, or UHD BD).
 Last edited: by rdodolak
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantjjom
Registered: February 20, 2011
Portugal Posts: 61
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Do not use version 4.0
 Last edited: by jjom
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Desktop Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next