Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Contribution Discussion Page: 1  Previous   Next
Best Methods For Copying/Converting Official BluRay DB Entry To DVD DB Entry?
Author Message
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantproverbs311031
Registered: May 30, 2007
Posts: 20
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I mean I know it's inevitable with the proliferation of 4K and BluRay, but I still make a lot of purchases on DVD that are not obviously being entered into the official DB whereas a 4K/BluRay version is.

So, what's the best method for copying/adding the 4K/BluRay entry into my DB, adding/changing the UPC to it's official DVD one, stripping off any 4K/BluRay specific information while retaining all other relevant information (aka release date, run time, production year, media companies, cast & crew, etc...) and then being able to contribute it to the official DB as a new (in this case DVD) entry with a new (appropriate DVD) cover scan?

For example, Silence, BluRay UPC #: 032429-262752 for which there exists no separate official DVD profile.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorKluge
Registered: August 4, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Italy Posts: 2,271
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
1. Download an edition from the database (4k/BluRay or DVD), control by the preview that it contains all the data.
2. Add a new DVD without the option "download the profile from invelos" adding UPC/EAN and title.
3. Copy the donloaded profile (DVD --> Copy)
4. Paste selected informations in the new profile  (DVD --> Paste).
5. Always check the data and complete the profile with missing data.
Updated List of Accepted Birth Years
 Last edited: by Kluge
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantWolfpig
Registered: June 20, 2007
Germany Posts: 81
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
He can skip step 2-4 of yours if he changes the upc/ean (if it is the same locality....no idea right now if that can get changed too) directly in the downloaded profile.....
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorKluge
Registered: August 4, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Italy Posts: 2,271
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Wolfpig:
Quote:
He can skip step 2-4 of yours if he changes the upc/ean (if it is the same locality....no idea right now if that can get changed too) directly in the downloaded profile.....


It depends on how many changes he must do. If the support is different he almost all the profile needs changes/correction.
Updated List of Accepted Birth Years
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantWolfpig
Registered: June 20, 2007
Germany Posts: 81
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Kluge:
Quote:
Quoting Wolfpig:
Quote:
He can skip step 2-4 of yours if he changes the upc/ean (if it is the same locality....no idea right now if that can get changed too) directly in the downloaded profile.....


It depends on how many changes he must do. If the support is different he almost all the profile needs changes/correction.



In that regard it would not make any difference if he would only copy the stuff which fits and adds the rest, or just edit the existing parts which not match as he either way would have to make "changes" there
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorKluge
Registered: August 4, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Italy Posts: 2,271
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Wolfpig:
Quote:
Quoting Kluge:
Quote:
Quoting Wolfpig:
Quote:
He can skip step 2-4 of yours if he changes the upc/ean (if it is the same locality....no idea right now if that can get changed too) directly in the downloaded profile.....


It depends on how many changes he must do. If the support is different he almost all the profile needs changes/correction.



In that regard it would not make any difference if he would only copy the stuff which fits and adds the rest, or just edit the existing parts which not match as he either way would have to make "changes" there


It's easy to forget some important corrections, in my opinion is better to have no data rather than wrong data
Updated List of Accepted Birth Years
 Last edited: by Kluge
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantproverbs311031
Registered: May 30, 2007
Posts: 20
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Kluge:
Quote:
1. Download an edition from the database (4k/BluRay or DVD), control by the preview that it contains all the data.
2. Add a new DVD without the option "download the profile from invelos" adding UPC/EAN and title.
3. Copy the donloaded profile (DVD --> Copy)
4. Paste selected informations in the new profile  (DVD --> Paste).
5. Always check the data and complete the profile with missing data.


Many thanks! Finally had some spare time and these steps worked exactly as described!
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Contribution Discussion Page: 1  Previous   Next