Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1 2  Previous   Next
REQUEST Topic
Author Message
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantSolarstorm
Registered: July 14, 2007
Germany Posts: 10
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting mediadogg:
Quote:
Quoting d.a.one:
Quote:
blabla
Oh man that is so cool and clever. It actually works! I'm working on a couple of other plugins at the moment, but if nobody else picks this up, I'll be back in a couple or 3 weeks to see if you still want it. Until sombody grabs it, maybe you could play around with DVDPro HTML section. There might be a clever way to do it without a plugin ...

Yeah, that's cool, i can wait, no money for DVDs atm :/
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantmediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Registered: March 18, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
United States Posts: 5,759
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting d.a.one:
Quote:
Quoting mediadogg:
Quote:
Quoting d.a.one:
Quote:
blabla
Oh man that is so cool and clever. It actually works! I'm working on a couple of other plugins at the moment, but if nobody else picks this up, I'll be back in a couple or 3 weeks to see if you still want it. Until sombody grabs it, maybe you could play around with DVDPro HTML section. There might be a clever way to do it without a plugin ...

Yeah, that's cool, i can wait, no money for DVDs atm :/
Hello, me again. Seems like not much need for this. DVDPro already has barcode scanner support built-in. The webcam flash player scanner sorta works, but my research found that implementation is not easy (at least for me). So, I'm afraid that I will not be pursuing this. Sorry.
Thanks for your support.
Free Plugins available here.
Advanced plugins available here.
Hey, new product!!! BDPFrog.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantdetlefs
Regd. since: 09/20/2001
Registered: March 14, 2007
Germany Posts: 273
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting mediadogg:
Quote:
Hello, me again. Seems like not much need for this. DVDPro already has barcode scanner support built-in. The webcam flash player scanner sorta works, but my research found that implementation is not easy (at least for me). So, I'm afraid that I will not be pursuing this. Sorry.

Hi,

I was playing around with this thing a little bit as well, and managed to get it work in a HTML frame and have it copying the UPC code to the clipboard, so with just a Ctrl+V I can have the code in the Add DVD window.
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to directly transfer the scanned code to DVDP, I think this is a design restriction of Flash (for security reasons). Also currently an ability to switch on/off the scanner is missing, so as long as th HTML frame is open, the Webcam is blocked...

If I find the time, I'll continue to play around with it and in case I manager to create something really useful, I'll post it here...
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantmuellmaen
Registered: September 22, 2007
Posts: 21
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting mediadogg:
Quote:
Quoting d.a.one:
Quote:
Quoting mediadogg:
Quote:
Quoting d.a.one:
Quote:
blabla
Oh man that is so cool and clever. It actually works! I'm working on a couple of other plugins at the moment, but if nobody else picks this up, I'll be back in a couple or 3 weeks to see if you still want it. Until sombody grabs it, maybe you could play around with DVDPro HTML section. There might be a clever way to do it without a plugin ...

Yeah, that's cool, i can wait, no money for DVDs atm :/
Hello, me again. Seems like not much need for this. DVDPro already has barcode scanner support built-in. The webcam flash player scanner sorta works, but my research found that implementation is not easy (at least for me). So, I'm afraid that I will not be pursuing this. Sorry.


Found that on the WEB:

http://www.bcwebcam.de/en/index.htm

could that be a solution ?

They also have DLLs and stuff like that, but probably is the DLL not freeware ...
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantjdwright
Rev. Fr. John Wright
Registered: March 20, 2007
United States Posts: 16
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Is there something available that will export my collection into a simple HTML file? Since Profiler for Smartphone (specifically the BlackJack) isn't available, I'm looking for another solution I can use to take my collection with me.

If something like an HTML Export doesn't exist, I would be grateful if someone would create one.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantmediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Registered: March 18, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
United States Posts: 5,759
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Reverend:
Quote:
Is there something available that will export my collection into a simple HTML file? Since Profiler for Smartphone (specifically the BlackJack) isn't available, I'm looking for another solution I can use to take my collection with me.

If something like an HTML Export doesn't exist, I would be grateful if someone would create one.
Man are you lucky.

(1) If BlackJack can support iPod HTML format, get this: iPod Exporter by tlevel

If that doesn't work, I'll bet he will modify it for you. Until then, you can try:

(2) DVDProfileLoop  Smartphone HTML script by mediadogg (heh heh) here:

A lot less fancy, and not turnkey, but it produces very simple HTML.
Thanks for your support.
Free Plugins available here.
Advanced plugins available here.
Hey, new product!!! BDPFrog.
 Last edited: by mediadogg
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantCool_doodad
Registered: March 13, 2007
Canada Posts: 404
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Reverend:
Quote:
Is there something available that will export my collection into a simple HTML file? Since Profiler for Smartphone (specifically the BlackJack) isn't available, I'm looking for another solution I can use to take my collection with me.

If something like an HTML Export doesn't exist, I would be grateful if someone would create one.


Hi Reverend,

As Mediadogg mentioned, I would be happy to look into adding blackjack support. But I would need some sample files that it's looking for. Or some specification that I could go off of. I'll look around on the internet, but if you have something that you could send me that would be great also.
The Other DVD Forum
Why do people who know the least know it the loudest?
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantSolarstorm
Registered: July 14, 2007
Germany Posts: 10
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Hello,
in the forum sometimes users have pictures with the last seen dvds,
is it possible to make a plugin that makes such pictures offline and send them via ftp to a webserver?
Because i think it is very cumbersomely(i hope this is the right word in german "umstaendlich") to install a php software on a server always have to upload new images and exported xml lists and upload them too.
An offline plugin would be nice.
thx
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantmediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Registered: March 18, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
United States Posts: 5,759
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting d.a.one:
Quote:
Hello,
in the forum sometimes users have pictures with the last seen dvds,
is it possible to make a plugin that makes such pictures offline and send them via ftp to a webserver?
Because i think it is very cumbersomely(i hope this is the right word in german "umstaendlich") to install a php software on a server always have to upload new images and exported xml lists and upload them too.
An offline plugin would be nice.
thx
I wrote DVDProfileLoop as kind of a "universal plugin" to help with requests like this. No need for a whole new plugin. All you need is a simple script (.BAT or .EXE) that takes data from the list of DVDs (by filter, flagged or tagged) that you give it. DVDProfileLoop can pass your script any of over 100 profile data items, including the path to thumbnail and cover images. Your script would then upload the pictures, XML or whatever. Just run the script whenever you want to update your web site.
Thanks for your support.
Free Plugins available here.
Advanced plugins available here.
Hey, new product!!! BDPFrog.
 Last edited: by mediadogg
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1 2  Previous   Next